Welcome to the Sport and Recreation Law Association. Our purpose is to further the study and dissemination of information regarding legal aspects of sport and recreation; we host an annual SRLA Conference to meet this goal. Further, the Association addresses legal aspects of sport and recreation within both the public and private sectors.
The Association serves academicians and practitioners in private and public sport and recreation settings. Members have diverse educational and experiential backgrounds and represent a variety of occupations and interests. They may teach or be students at institutions of higher education (sport and recreation management programs, law schools), practice law, operate risk management firms, or serve in other related fields.
• To serve as a medium for professional development through academic endeavors;
• To provide service functions for members through conference presentations and research publications;
• To assist in the development of appropriate curricula;
• To cooperate closely with allied national and international organizations in areas such as athletics, education, exercise, law, medicine, recreation, and sport;
• To provide networking opportunities and forums for discussion about the law.