The Sport and Recreation Law Association aims to study and disseminate information regarding legal aspects of sport and recreation; we host an annual SRLA Conference to meet this goal. Further, the Association addresses legal aspects of sport and recreation within both the public and private sectors, and serves academicians and practitioners in private and public sport and recreation settings.
SRLA Membership Benefits:
- Journal – The Journal of Legal Aspects of Sport is published in the spring and fall. All members are encouraged to submit manuscripts for publication.
- Sports Litigation Alert-Complimentary one-year subscription to the industry’s only bi-weekly newsletter devoted exclusively to the sports law field. Sports Litigation Alert tracks legal developments as they occur in amateur and professional athletics as well as legislative issues that impact sports law professionals.
- From the Gym to the Jury-Complimentary one year subscription to this bi-monthly online newsletter designed to protect your sports programs (and yourself) from costly injuries, liability and lawsuits. This newsletter is a nationally acclaimed source for legal trends and risk management strategies for universities and sports programs.
- Annual Conference – SRLA members receive discounted registration to the annual SRLA conference. Our conference provides the unique opportunity to network, present, discuss, and learn about the law and how it relates to sport and recreation. To view the 2015 Conference Program, please click here.
- Awards – At the annual conference, SRLA distinguishes professional and student members with the Betty van der Smissen Leadership Award, the Herb Appenzeller SRLA Honor Award, the Lori K. Miller SRLA Young Professional Award, and Student Research Awards.
- SRLA Research Fellow Designation– SRLA recognizes scholars by honoring their achievement in legal aspects of sport and recreation-related scholarship. The SRLA Research Fellow designation is one of distinction within SRLA and Fellows’ own academic communities, and encourages high standards of research and other forms of scholarship among SRLA members.
- Expert Witness Listing – SRLA maintains a listing of members that are willing to serve expert witnesses. This list gives members an opportunity to receive national exposure in their area of expertise.